Last Ramadan (September) I read article about food recipes that written by Budi Sutomo, a nutritionist. The image of food looks delicious. I wish I had time to cook.
Finally, last week my roommate helped me to find its ingredient in traditional markets. We went to Pasar Rawasari and found “kapri” (kind of bean) and “santan segar” (fresh coconut milk). Then, we went to Pasar Paseban and bought “telur puyuh”. We cooked in home together.
Here they are recipes of Sambal Goreng Telur Puyuh and its ingredients.
20 telur puyuh (quail eggs)
300 ml santan (coconut milk)
100 g kapri beans
1 teaspoon cooking oil
8 red chili pepper
2 red chili pepper, dice it
8 siung bawang merah (onions)
5 siung bawang putih (garlic cloves)
2 salam leaves (bay leaves)
2 cm lengkuas (galangal), crush it
- Boil the quail eggs, drain it, and peel the skins. Save it.
- Dice and crush onions, garlic, and 8 red chili peppers.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Fry slowly the diced onions, garlic, and peppers. Add galangal and bay leaves until it produces good smell (harum).
- Add coconut milk and cook until boiling.
- Add kapri beans, quail eggs, 2 diced red pepper, salt, sugar, and cook it all until the flavor get right.
- Pour it in the bowl and serve.
It was my first attempt for sambal goreng. Taste was delicious even though the coconut milk could be join well with oil (santan pecah). Hehe…
Tips: Telur puyuh can be replaced by shrimp, “tempe”, or tahu”. Kapri beans can be replaced by French beans (buncis).
Adapted from Budi Sutomo’s recipe (Indonesian nutritionist)